Under a three-way partnership, the Northwestern Ontario Innovation Centre, an organization focused on supporting innovative companies and startups in Northewestern Ontario, will be offering a full project management training curriculum developed and delivered by Procept Associates' award-winning instructors. Completion of the program will earn participants a project management certificate awarded by the Goodman School of Mines at Laurentian University, which has partnered with Procept for several years to deliver similar programs.
The certificate program will begin on February 17, 2021 and will cover ten full days of training over a 1-year period and will consist of the following mandatory and optional Procept courses to be delivered initially online:
- Project Management Essentials — A hands-on introduction to project management over six half-day sessions.
- Communications & Stakeholder Management — Focuses on navigating stakeholder politics over two half-day sessions.
- Business Analysis for the Project Manager — Tips on how to uncover and manage (possibly changing) project requirements and environmental constraints over four half-day sessions.
- Project Scheduling Essentials — Part one of a longer course that gives hands-on practice applying project scheduling theory to real-world situations over two half-day sessions.
- Agile Project Management — Best practices on applying agile techniques to adapt projects to change. Covered over five half-day sessions with optional certification exams (Scrum Developer certification, Scrum Master certification, Certified Agile Project Manager, and PMI Agile-Certified Practitioner.)
- Managing Project Risk — Identify, reduce, and manage your response to uncertain events. Covered over two half-day sessions.
- Procurement and Contract Management — Covers the basics of procurement processes and managing contractual obligations over two half-day sessions.
- Microsoft Project Essentials — Learn how to use this most popular project scheduling tool over five half-day sessions.
- Project Closeout Best Practices — Project completion and sign off is easier if you plan for it. Learn closeout best practices over two half-day sessions.
- Project-Driven Change Management — Rolling out your innovations won't matter if people don't use them. Learn how to overcome change resistance and increase adoption over four half-day sessions.
For more details including program pricing and registration, please visit the NOIC website: