For organizations that seek competitive advantage through investment in human resources, Procept’s in-house and customized training programs can be the solution.
We offer our Project Management, Business Analysis and IT Service Management programs in-house for groups of 8 or more. Our off-the-shelf programs can be customized to reflect your specific learning requirements, business processes, culture or industry. Alternatively, we can custom design a program specifically for your organization in consultation with one of our subject matter experts. Create your own program length, course content and instructional schedule. Mix and match from different disciplines–create the right fit for your organization!
In our course design, development, and delivery, we follow a structured approach to training using adult education principles. Gap analysis, learning objectives, design of programs and evaluation techniques is all done by a senior facilitator/consultant.
We use our Custom Course Design Profile tool to identify specific organizational performance objectives in terms of knowledge, skills, and attitude. Development of training manuals, PowerPoint slides and learning aids is done by our in-house Course Developer with oversight guidance from our subject matter experts. A final review of the course by a second senior facilitator/consultant is part of our quality control process.
Our in-house and customized training solutions can include:
- Learning assessments and needs analysis to identify gaps and learning objectives
- Pre-course (before the course) and post-course (two weeks after the course) assessments to ensure application of knowledge in the work place
- Development of corporate career paths in Project Management, Business Analysis and IT Service Management
- Coaching of Project Managers, Business Analysts or IT Service Management practitioners
- Certificate Programs in Project Management, Business Analysis and ITIL, either off-the-shelf or custom designed to reflect your organizational culture, goals and processes
- Refresher sessions that can be structured as classroom training, facilitated discussion sessions, or short talks such as “lunch and learn”
Procept has worked with many large organizations across Canada and the US to design custom learning programs; rework existing training materials; and to rollout strategic initiatives.
CUSTOMIZED TRAINING CLIENTS
Procept has been preparing and delivering customized training solutions to clients since the 1980s. Several client references are shown below:
- AMEC FOSTER WHELLER — For this global engineering firm, Procept developed a 5-day course which combines experiential project management learning with preparation for the PMP examination. With our partner in the UK, we designed a new 4-day AMEC Project Controls Professional course aligned with cost engineering best practices. We present these courses at AMEC locations in North and South America.
- ATI TECHNOLOGIES INC. — When ATI Technologies developed a new project analysis and delivery methodology, they chose Procept to develop and deliver customized training. We worked closely with ATI to adapt existing material and integrate ATI templates into a program of four customized courses to roll out the ATI methodology to their staff and show how it fits in with cross-industry best practices.
- CITY OF TORONTO — Procept was hired to review and revise the City’s existing project management courses to improve them and bring up to date with the current edition of PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge–course outlines, descriptions, PowerPoint slide decks, participant workbooks, instructor guides, pre- and post-assessments, and job aids. We also designed a new introductory project management course with accompanying course materials.
- GENERAL DYNAMICS LAND SYSTEMS — Procept was hired to provide GDLS employees with the fundamental knowledge and skills manage projects. We regularly present 2-day and 3-day Project Management Essentials courses. We designed and delivered a series of ½ day Earned Value Management courses to a total of 140 staff.
- MECHANICAL CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION OF ONTARIO — Procept designed and currently presents a 10-day multiple-speaker Mechanical Contracting Project Management course, in partnership with the University of Waterloo. Started in 1999, it is run in different Canadian cities, and is almost always sold out.
- NATIONAL ENERGY BOARD — By competitive proposal, Procept was awarded a contract by Canada’s NEB to provide staff with a common understanding of good project management practices and an alignment with PMI terminology. Starting with our proprietary “Project Management Assessment Survey”, we custom-designed three project management seminars for NEB at different levels: half-day Team Leader, 2-day Level 1 PM, and 2-day Level 2 PM.
- ONTARIO POWER GENERATION — Procept has been custom-designing and delivering project management consulting and training to Ontario Hydro and its successor OPG since 1994. Our most recent assignment was to design and present a 2-day course on Contract Monitoring, to train field staff in the monitoring of construction contractors. Those staff had been supervisors of direct-hire construction tradesmen prior to a change of construction strategy by OPG.
- PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS OF CANADA — Commissioned by the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors, Procept developed a one-day course on project management for land surveyors, utilizing scenarios appropriate for PSC members across Canada.
- UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO — Procept designed and presented introductory, intermediate and advanced project management courses, business analysis courses, and ITIL IT service management courses for 15 years, through the University of Toronto Faculty of Engineering Professional Development Centre (no longer in existence). Procept founder and President at the time, Keith Farndale, was the Project Management Program Director for the Project Management Initiative there. All courses were aligned with professional bodies of knowledge and were designed for an audience with diverse experience.
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, SCHOOL OF BUSINESS — For a UW Executive Education Masters Certificate, we combined and adapted our existing business analysis instructional material to create a new 3-day course Defining and Managing Business Requirements.
- VALE — Vale is the second largest mining company in the world. In their Canadian operations (formerly Inco), Procept has been providing project management training since 1998. For our Comprehensive Project Management Seminar, we added a customized case study to reflect their own engineering / construction projects. We have also frequently delivered our 3-day Project Management Essentials and PM Essentials for Construction courses.